Government exercises the executive power of the Republic of Kazakhstan, heads the system of executive bodies and manages their activities.
Government is formed by the president in accordance with the Constitution of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
The ministries constitute the structure of the Government.
The Government includes members of the Government – the prime minister, his deputies, ministers and other officials.
Government of the Republic
- develops the main directions of the socio-economic policy of the state, its defense, security, public order and organizes their implementation;
- approves the state programs in coordination with the president, and also ensures their implementation;
- approves the forecast for socio-economic development;
- develops measures for the country’s foreign policy;
- submits the republican budget and a report on its execution to the Parliament, ensures budget execution;
- forms the Republican Budget Commission, approves its regulations, determines its composition;
- in coordination with the president of the Republic of Kazakhstan determines the system of state planning;
- determines the procedure for the preparation and submission of the annual report on the execution of the republican budget;
- develops and implements measures to strengthen the financial system of the Republic; provides state control over the observance of the law in the formation and use of state monetary, financial and material resources;
- implements the structural and investment policy;
- develops state pricing policy; establishes the range of products, goods and services for which state-regulated prices are applied;
- organizes the management of state property, develops and implements measures for its use, ensures the protection of state property rights;
- forms the system and conditions of remuneration, social security of citizens, state social security and social insurance;
- in agreement with the president, approves a unified system of financing and remunerating employees for all bodies maintained at the expense of the state budget;
- develops the main directions of the state regional policy; provides a solution to interregional problems and issues of socio-economic development of regions;
- forms the state policy on the development of science and technology, the introduction of new technologies, culture, education, health, tourism and sports;
- develops and implements measures to ensure the rational use and protection of natural resources and the environment;
- ensures the implementation of legal policy; develops and implements measures to protect and defend the rights and freedoms of citizens, ensure law and order, security and defense of the Republic, territorial integrity and protect the state borders of the Republic;
- makes decisions on conducting negotiations and signing intergovernmental agreements; ensures the development of relations of the Republic with foreign states, international and regional organizations; develops measures for the implementation of foreign economic policy; takes measures to develop foreign trade; cooperates and interacts with international financial organizations;
- performs other functions assigned to it by the Constitution, laws and acts of the president.
Prime Minister of the Republic
- organizes the work of the Government and distributes functional responsibilities among the members of the Government;
- represents the Government or entrusts the representation of the Government in interactions with the president of the Republic, Parliament, the Constitutional Council, the Supreme Court, the General Prosecutor's Office and other state bodies;
- represents the Government or entrusts the representation of the Government in international relations and signs intergovernmental agreements;
- submits to the president of the Republic: about the structure and composition of the Government; results of the consultations with the Majilis of the Parliament on candidates for the appointment of members of the Government, with the exception of the ministers of foreign affairs, defense, internal affairs; on dismissal of a member of the Government, including those who disagree with the Government’s policies or who do not implement it, with the exception of the ministers of foreign affairs, defense, internal affairs;
- coordinates with the president of the Republic a single system of financing and remunerating employees for all bodies maintained at the expense of the state budget;
- reports to the president and the Parliament on the main activities of the Government and on all its major decisions;
- hears reports of members of the Government and heads of local executive bodies;
- forms and abolishes consultative and advisory bodies under the Government;
- performs other functions related to the organization and management of the activities of the Government.
Informational, analytical, organizational and legal support for the activities of the prime minister and the Government of the Republic is provided by the Office of the Prime Minister.