Sunday, 26 January 2020, 14:51:55
Prime Minister Askar Mamin held a meeting on the prevention of the spread of coronavirus and preventive measures in Kazakhstan.
Minister of Healthcare Yelzhan Birtanov, Minister of Industry and Infrastructure Development Beibut Atamkulov, Minister of Culture and Sports Aktoty Raimkulova, First Vice Minister of Foreign Affairs Shakhrat Nuryshev, Chief Sanitary Officer of Kazakhstan Zhandarbek Bekshin, Director of the Border Service of the National Security Committee Darkhan Dilmanov, as well as the leadership of Almaty and East Kazakhstan regions reported on the current situation and response measures.
“The President of the Republic of Kazakhstan Kassym-Jomart Tokayev instructed to take decisive organizational measures to prevent the spread of coronavirus from China to Kazakhstan,” said Mamin.
Following the meeting, the head of government ordered to take the following set of preventive measures:
1. To strengthen sanitary-epidemiological and migration control at checkpoints on the state border, including at the air, road and rail transport.
2. To establish medical supervision of all persons arriving from China at their place of residence.
3. To ensure the readiness of medical institutions to provide the necessary assistance to the population in the event of a worsening epdemiological situation.
4. To limit travel to China on business trips, as well as recommend refraining from traveling on private business or for tourism purposes.
5. To suspend the regime of 72-hour visa-free stay in the Republic of Kazakhstan for transit passengers from China.
6. To temporarily suspend the work of the Kazakhstani part of the ICBC Khorgos.
7. To intensify work with Kazakhstani citizens located in the PRC in order to provide them with consular and other assistance.
8. Government authorities should organize the necessary interaction with relevant government agencies of the PRC and other interested countries in order to coordinate actions to prevent the spread of coronavirus infection.
9. If necessary, to provide emergency evacuation of Kazakhstani students and other citizens of the Republic of Kazakhstan located in Wuhan, China.
10. To create an interdepartmental commission chaired by Deputy Prime Minister Berdibek Saparbayev, tasked with preparing an action plan to prevent the spread of coronavirus in Kazakhstan.